Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:35
• 1 1/2 tsp. fennel seed
• 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
• Kosher salt
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
• 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella, pulled into bite-size pieces
• 1 small onion, diced
• 2 lb. ground pork
• 1 egg
• 1 jar marinara sauce
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 12 oz. baby kale
• 8 Martin’s long potato rolls
• Extra-virgin olive oil
1. First of all, preheat the oven to about 400° F. Take a parchment paper and line the rimmed sheet pan with it. Add chili flakes, fennel seeds, ¼ tbsp black pepper, ½ tbsp salt, breadcrumbs, 2 garlic cloves, egg and onion in a large mixing bowl. Add ground pork to this and mix it together. Do not over mix and use hand to mix it. Take a sheet pan and evenly place them forming meatballs. Bake for about 20 minutes after drizzling with olive oil.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet and add the baby kale and the remaining garlic to it. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until wilted after seasoning it with pepper and salt. Set it aside by transferring it to a bowl. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and return it back to medium heat. Use olive oil and drizzle the potato rolls inside and then toast it until gets golden brown.
3. Take marinara sauce and warm it over low heat in a small saucepan. Until ready to assemble the sub sandwiches, keep them warm. Remove the sheet pan from the oven when the meatballs have baked completely and then top them each with cheese. After this, place them in the oven again for about 3 to 4 minutes until they get melty.
4. After this, you have to assemble the sub sandwiches, meatballs with top toasted roll and drizzle with kale and tomato sauce and then immediately serve them.