Spring asparagus and mushroom papardelle
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:20
• 1/2 c. parsley leaves
• 1 c. freshly grated fontina cheese
• 1 lb. papardelle pasta
• 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp. butter
• 1 c. vegetable stock
• 1 lb. baby bella mushrooms, sliced into 1/4″ pieces
• 1 lb. asparagus, chopped into 1″ pieces
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
1. Boil water in an 8-quart pot and season it with salt. As per the instructions given on the packet, cook the pasta. Drain the pasta after reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread an even layer of mushrooms let the mushrooms get brown before stirring and cook it for about 3 minutes. Cook for 2 more minutes after adding ½ tbsp of salt, garlic and ½ tbsp of pepper. Add asparagus and stock to it and then remove the browned mushrooms and garlic from the bottom of the pan with the help of a wooden strap. Simmer it for about 5 minutes and bring it to boil. Take tongs and gently mix it after adding pasta, butter and both cheeses.
3. Transfer the pasta to a platter or serve it in the skillet by topping it with parsley, grated parmesan and drizzle of olive oil. Immediately serve it.