Cheesy Baked Grits Recipe
Yield: 4 Prep: 0:25 Total time: 1:15
- 3½ c. whole milk
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño chiles
- 1 c. shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Hot pepper sauce
- 1¼ c. quick-cooking grits
- Heat 1 ½ cup of milk, margarine, 2 cups boiling water and salt in a 3 quart saucepan over medium high heat. To prevent lumping, beat it constantly with wire whisk and stir in the grits gradually. Simmer for about 5 minutes by reducing the heat to low and stir it occasionally. Stir in the cheeses after removing the saucepan from heat.
- Mix hot pepper sauce, eggs and remaining 2 cups of milk in a large saucepan with the help of a wire whisk. In the egg mixture, gradually stir in the grits mixture.
- Up to the temperature of 325°F, preheat the oven. Take a glass baking dish and grease it. In the casserole, pour the grits mixture. Bake for about 50 minutes uncovered.