Ginger-garlic flank steak Recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:30
- 1/2 c. Chopped cilantro
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 1/2–2 lb. flank steak
- 2 tbsp. peeled and chopped ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 lb. fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- Kosher salt
- Add ginger, 2 chopped garlic cloves, soy sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, black pepper and fish sauce in a mini food processor bowl and till well blended, pulse them. Over medium heat, put a small sauce pan and in this, simmer the sauce for 5 minutes till it comes to boil.
- Rinse the steak and pat it dry with a paper towel. Season it with pepper and salt and rub it with olive oil. Add ½ tbsp of olive oil to cast iron pan when it is almost smoking. Cook the steak for about 3 minutes from each side. Transfer it to a plate after removing from heat and cover it loosely with foil to rest.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. To this, add spinach and till the leaves are wilted, stir them. Season it with pepper and salt.
- Stir in ¼ cup of cilantro after reheating the sauce. Serve the steak over spinach with ginger garlic sauce and garnish it with the remaining cilantro.