Skillet vegetables and roast chicken recipe
Yield: 6 servings Prep: 0:20 Total time: 1:05
- 10 to 15 sprigs fresh thyme
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 head garlic
- 1 fennel
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 Carrots
- 1 whole chicken
- Up to the temperature of 450°F, preheat the oven after placing the rack in it in bottom third. In a cast iron skillet, arrange lemon, garlic, onion, fennel and carrots drizzle them with olive oil. Season with pepper and salt and with half the thyme, sprinkle it.
- Season the chicken with pepper and salt after removing the giblets. With half the butter, rub under the skin to spread the butter across it. All over the outside part of chicken, rub the remaining butter. Inside the cavity of the chicken, place the remaining thyme sprigs. Tuck the wings under and then take a kitchen twine and tie the legs together with it.
- Roast it for about 50-60 minutes. To the cutting board, transfer the chicken to rest and with the juices from the bottom of skillet, baste it. Return it to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- All over the vegetables and chicken, squeeze the roasted lemon after removing the twine and then serve it.