Spicy adobo chicken chili recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:10 Total time: 0:35
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- Kosher salt
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans
- Sour cream
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 yellow
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pot. Cook peppers and onions for 5 minutes till softened. Add chili powder, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano and chipotle peppers. Stir well to combine and cook for 2 more minutes. Season it with pepper and salt.
- With a wooden spoon, crush the whole tomatoes and add their juice and tomatoes. Bring it to boil after adding water and beans. Simmer it for about 15 minutes after reducing the heat. Cook for 3 more minutes after adding cilantro and chicken. Season it with pepper and salt.
- Garnish large bowls with scallions and sour cream and serve chili in them.