Chicken recipe: Steak with sweet potato fries and creamy blue cheese sauce
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:10 Total time: 0:40
- 3 oz. blue cheese
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken
- Up to the temperature of 425°F, preheat the oven. Take aluminum foil and line two baking sheets with it.
- Shake 2 tbsp’s olive oil, brown sugar, sweet potatoes and cayenne in a large resealable plastic bag till the potatoes are well coated. On the baking sheets, spread the sweet potatoes and season them with pepper and salt. Roast for about 20 minutes till they are crisp and golden brown around the edges. Sprinkle it with ¼ cup of parsley.
- Bring the cream to boil in a small, saucepan over medium high heat. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes after reducing the heat to low. Stir in Dijon, remaining ¼ cup parsley and blue cheese and then remove it from heat.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Season the steaks with pepper and salt on both the sides. Cook the steaks for about 5 minutes from each side. Let it sit for about 5 minutes after transferring it to a cutting board.
- Thinly slice the steak and serve it with sweet potato fries and blue cheese sauce. With the remaining parsley, garnish the sweet potatoes and fries.