BBQ chicken with chili peach glaze Recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:40
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 lb. chicken thighs with skin, bone-in
- 8 scallions
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6–8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Kosher salt
- 5 peaches, sliced in half
- 1/2 c. sweet chili sauce
- Add sweet chili sauce, 1 peach chopped roughly, juice and zest of lime in a blender and till smooth, blend it and then transfer it to a small bowl. Place the remaining peaches on a rimmed sheet with the cut side up along with scallions. On the sheet pan, place the onions after split them through center. Drizzle with olive oil lightly and till coated, toss it. Season it with pepper and salt.
- On medium high, preheat the grill. Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry. Place the chicken on a separate rimmed sheet pan, seasons with pepper and salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- On the grill, place the chicken and cook it after covering for about 10 minutes. Add onions, scallions and peaches to the grill after flipping the chicken. For 5 minutes, cover it and then flip vegetables and peaches. On the chicken, brush glaze after the internal temperature reaches 150 to 155 degrees. Flip the chicken and cook it for a total time of about 25 minutes.
- To a large platter transfer it and serve with the remaining glaze.