BBQ Chicken Skillet Pizza Recipe
Yield: 2 Serving Prep: 0:10 Total time: 0:35
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. shredded fontina
- Ranch dressing
- Up to the temperature of 525°F, preheat the oven. Over medium heat, heat oil in a large skillet. To this, add chicken and cook for about 6 minutes per side till golden. Season with pepper and salt.
- In the mean time, take olive oil and brush an over-proof skillet with it.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface with your hands to make it to the circumference of your skillet and then transfer it to the skillet.
- To the dough, add barbeque layer leaving a 1/2“ border for the crust. Top it with chicken, fontina, cheddar and red onion.
- Take olive oil and brush the crust with it and sprinkle it with salt.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes till the cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- Garnish with chives and drizzle with more ranch and barbeque sauce and then serve it.