BBQ Quesadillas with Pineapple-Mango Guacamole Recipe
Yield: 4 Quesadillas Prep: 0:10 Total time: 0:30
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 whole fresh pineapple – peeled
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- Pineapple Mango Guacamole
- 1/4 whole fresh pineapple – peeled and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 mango – peeled and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- To medium-high heat, preheat the grill.
- Mix together pineapple juice, BBQ sauce, lime juice, pepper, salt and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Take half of the BBQ sauce land toss the chicken with it. Grill the chicken till cooked through from both the sides for about 8 minutes. Along with this, grill half of an onion and slices of pineapple till charred for about 4 minutes. Set everything aside for about 5 minutes and allow them to cool. After this, shred the chicken, dice the onion and chop the pineapples and set them aside.
- Prepare pineapple-mango guacamole in the mean time. In a medium bowl, mash the avocados. Add mango, green onions, mango, cilantro, tomatoes, pineapple juice and lime juice and stir them to mix well. Season with pepper and salt.
- Over medium heat, heat the skillet and to this, add olive oil.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, place it in the skillet and with a b it of cheese, cover it. After this, top it evenly with rice. To this, add onions, diced chicken and pineapple and sprinkle with a bit more cheese. Repeat the same step with the remaining tortillas. Take one of the tortillas and place it back on the griddle with the toppings and then with a plain tortilla, cover it. Cook for about 2-3 minutes till golden brown and crispy and then cook from the other side again for about 2-3 minutes by flipping it. With the remaining tortillas filled with toppings, repeat the same step. Serve with Pineapple-mango guacamole and remaining BBQ sauce.