Marinated Chicken Recipe
Yield: 6 Servings Prep: 0:15 Total time: 0:50
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup lightly packed mint leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 and 1/2 pounds boneless chicken, in one piece*
- In a food processor, add mint leaves, orange juice, pulse, smashed garlic cloves and blend them till finely chopped. To a ziplock bag, add this mixture with lime juice, cumin, oil and oregano.
- After this, add chicken to the ziplock bag.
- Take a baking dish and place the ziplock bag in it and refrigerate it overnight (or for some hours at least).
- Up to the temperature of 425°F, preheat the oven. Over a rimmed baking sheet, place a wire rack.
- On the rack, place the chicken after discarding the marinade. Season well with pepper and salt.
- Roast the chicken till slightly brown or about 30 minutes.
- Roast for another 15-20 minutes after turning the oven to 375°
- Take a cutting board and transfer the chicken to it and allow it to rest for about 20 minutes after covering with foil.
- Carve it against the grain and then serve.