Tex-Mex Chicken Sub Recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:10 Total time: 0:30
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 hero rolls, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 16 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 2 c. grated Mexican cheese blend
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
Directions to prepare Tex-Mex Chicken Sub Recipe differ completely from the directions to prepare Cajun-Stuffed Chicken Recipe. Have a look!
- Up to the temperature of 350°F, preheat the oven. Combine 1 garlic clove (minced), chili flakes, breadcrumbs, 1 cup Mexican cheese, ½ tsp pepper, 1 tsp salt in a mixing bowl. After mixing all the ingredients well, add chicken to this. Divide the mixture in 12 balls and then place them in a casserole dish. Bake for about 10-15 minutes till golden brown.
- In the mean time, mix together 1 tsp salt, crushed tomatoes, ½ tsp pepper, remaining garlic and chipotle peppers. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stir continuously and then add the chicken balls to it. With sauce, toss the chicken balls after turning the heat to low.
- Arrange the hero balls with the cut side up on a rimmed sheet lined with parchment paper. On the bottom of each of the piece of hero balls, place 3 meatballs. Top it with a handful of Mexican cheese and spoonful of tomato sauce. Bake for about 3-4 minutes till the cheese is melted and bread is warmed.
- With more tomato sauce and parsley, top the meatballs. Serve it warm after closing the sandwich top.
This is how Tex-Mex Chicken Sub is prepared. Enjoy this chicken recipe and get ready to have complements that you well deserve.