- Take pepper and salt and season chicken with it. On a sheet of waxed paper, spread flour and from both the sides, dredge the chicken with flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat. To this, add olive oil once the butter is lightly brown. With skin side down, add chicken to this and for about 3 minutes, sauté it till lightly brown. For 3 more minutes, sauté it after turning it to other side.
- Take a serving platter and transfer the chicken to it after removing it from heat.
- To the skillet, add 1 tbsp. butter after lowering the heat and then add shallots to it. Then raise the heat to high and add mushrooms, sauté them for about 2-3 minutes till lightly browned.
- Take marsala wine and pour it in skillet. For about 30 seconds, boil it and then add the chicken stock to it. To add taste, season it with pepper and salt and then serve.