- Mullein Tea
Nothing can be better than drinking plenty of fluids to get relief from cold. Mullein Tea is one of that, which is a woolly leaved plant found in certain regions like Europe, Asia, North America and North Africa.
Its traditional uses include managing respiratory diseases such as wounds, burn and colds. Its expectorant properties helps to get relief from chest congestion which often leads to cold.
- If you want to make mullein tea, then add the strained filled with dried mullein herbs in a cup of boiling water for 8 – 10 minutes.
- You can even add a raw honey in that tea. Drink it at least twice or thrice in a day.
- Turmeric Milk
Drinking milk by adding a pinch of turmeric powder into it is one of a common traditional cure for cold. When Ginger and turmeric powder are added to milk, then it helps to cure cough along with other symptoms of cold, headache and body ache.
In contrast to the common misconception, does not increase the production of mucus. Turmeric is immensely effective spice with anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Add one-half teaspoon of ginger powder and one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder in a boiled milk.
- Drinking it twice a day, especially before going to bed at night.
Cinnamon helps to cure common cold and helps to get relief from sore or dry throat. The major constituent of cinnamon bark is cinnamaldehyde.
Cinnamaldehyde has various properties such as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties as demonstrated in studies.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 2 cloves in 2 cups of boiling water and let it cool gently for 15 minutes. Strain and consume it before it gets cool. You can also add honey for better result.
- You can also consume just a few drops of cinnamon bark oil and honey.
- Vitamin C
Ascorbic acid is also a vitamin C which is a water-soluble vitamin. It gained importance for preventing worthless related deaths among ancient sailors.
You can find vitamin C plentiful in vegetables and fruits, especially in citrus fruits.
The functional properties of vitamin C plays a vital role to cure cold. It plays a crucial role in many body processing like iron absorption, collagen formation and wound healing.
The glucose metabolism of your body can be improved by Vitamin C. Moreover, vitamin C also helps the body to produce a chemical substance which further helps in proper signaling of nervous system. Vitamin C also plays a vital role to strengthen your immune system.
According to a study published in 2014 demonstrated that if a men has low vitamin C in their body, then taking vitamin C daily can reduce the duration of cold and improve their physical activity.
So make sure that you intake vitamin C daily in your diet, and that too from natural sources.
- Some of the vitamin C rich fruits are:
- Berries like raspberry, cranberries, strawberry, blueberry
- Grapefruit, lemons, orange, limes