BBQ Grilled cheese chicken sandwich Recipe
Yield: 4 sandwiches Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:15
- 6 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 6 tbsp sliced red onion
- 8 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of thick cut, Italian white bread
- 3 tbsp margarine or butter
- 2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 4 tsp chopped cilantro
- 8 slices of smoked gouda
- Over medium heat, heat the skillet.
- Take two slices of bread and spread butter or margarine to spread on them. Working with one sandwich at a time, layer the like this: bread, jagged cheddar, red onion, chicken, BBQ sauce, cilantro, smoked Gouda and bread.
- Onto the hot skillet, place the sandwich with its butter side down and press it down gently with the help of a spatula. Let it cook till the bread is toasted for about 1-2 minutes. Flip the sandwich with a spatula and cook from other for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat the same with the remaining sandwiches.
- Serve cutting in half.