Roast Chicken with white wine sauce and Asparagus Recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:45
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 3- to 4-lb. chicken
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb. asparagus
- Maldon sea salt2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Up to the temperature of 450°F, preheat the oven. Take the chicken, rinse it thoroughly and pat dry and then season it with pepper and salt. Over and under the skin of chicken, spread 2 tbsp’s of butter. Take a large skillet and on its bottom, scatter onion and garlic. On the top of vegetables, place the chicken with its kin up and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Cover the chicken loosely with a foil and transfer it to a plate to rest. Return the skillet to stove after discarding the garlic and adding pan drippings and onion to it. Add wine and stock to it and season it with pepper and salt and then bring it to boil. Add asparagus to it after reducing the heat. To release the brown bits from the bottom of the pan, make use of wooden spoon and scrap it. Simmer it for about 5 minutes after reducing the temperature. Stir in the sauce and add the remaining butter.
- To the skillet, add the juices and chicken and over it spoon the sauce. Garcish with parsley and sprinkle the sea salt.