Lemon-rosemary chicken kebabs
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:10 Total time: 0:35
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1 c. wild rice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sea salt
- As per the instructions given on the packet, cook rice. In the mean time, combine 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, ½ tsp black pepper and zest of 1 lemon in a small bowl and set is aside. Take the remaining lemons and cut them in half.
- With a drizzle of oil, toss chicken in a medium mixing bowl. All over the chicken, evenly spread the lemon-rosemary seasoning and rub down into the chicken. After this, take skewers and thread chicken on them.
- On medium-high heat, preheat the grill. On the grill, place lemons and chicken with side cut side down. Grill the lemons for about 2-3 minutes till the grill marks appear. Cook chicken for about 3-4 minutes till well-cooked and keep flipping in between. Take a plate, transfer the chicken to it and cover with foil.
- Over the layer of wild rice, serve the skewers with grilled lemons. Top with chopped fresh rosemary, zest of lemons and sprinkle of salt.