Cilantro chili lime glazed salmon and green beans Recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:30
- 1 small jalapeño
- 4 Limes
- 4 salmon pieces, about 2 lb.
- 3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. Chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. green beans
- Take the salmon and season it with pepper and salt and set it aside.
- Add garlic, olive oil, 1 tbsp salt and jalapeno over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Till the garlic softens, sauté it for about 2 minutes. Add brown sugar, lime juice and with a rubber spatula, stir it constantly. Reduce the heat to low once the sauce begins to boil. Stir for about 6 minutes till the sauce turns in a thin glaze. Set it aside after removing it from heat.
- Take a large cast iron skillet and heat it over high heat. Take 1 tbsp olive oil and heat it till it starts smoking. Sear the salmon for 4 minutes on each side. Let it rest by transferring it to plate.
- Take ¼ cup of water and add I tbsp of salt in it in a large skillet and bring it to boil. To this, add green beans and cook for about 4-5 minutes by covering it. The water should get evaporated and if not, drain off the excess water. On low heat, reheat the glaze and add cilantro to it. Add a splash of water to the glaze if it becomes too thick and stir it well.
- On the layer of green beans, serve the salmon and over this, spoon the glaze.