Kale, chicken, and potato gratin Recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:35
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 onion
- 2 lb. russet potatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. chopped kale
- 1/2 c. panko
- 1 lb. shredded chicken
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Up to the temperature of 425°F, preheat the oven. Take the potatoes, wash them and pat them dry. To the food processor, add the slicing blade setting the thickness to 1/8” as the cooking time could be affected by the thickness of potato.
- Slice the potato after trimming its ends and do not peel it. In a large mixing bowl, set it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet and cook onion, garlic, and kale over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Season it with ½ tbsp pepper and 1 tbsp salt. Whisk it with butter after sprinkling flour all over till it is absorbed. To this, add chicken stock and cream, simmer it for about 1 minute and bring it to boil. Mix in cheddar and shredded chicken. In the bowl having potatoes, pour the mixture and without breaking the slices of potatoes, combine it.
- Toss parmesan and breadcrumbs with 2 tbsp’s olive oil in a small mixing bowl. On a rimmed sheet pan, spread the potato and chicken mixture evenly. Drizzle it with olive oil and top with breadcrumb mixture. For about 20 minutes, bake it and then broil for 1 more minute under the broiler.
- Garnish it with parsley and parmesan and immediately serve it.