Zucchini and grilled chicken recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:40
- 1 orange
- 3 tbsp. orange marmalade
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 yellow zucchini
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 2 green zucchini
- 1 lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Up to the temperature of 400°F, preheat the oven and over high heat, preheat a grill pan of cast iron. Take parchment paper and prepare a rimmed sheet pan with it and set it aside.
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry. Season it with pepper and salt and drizzle it with olive oil. For about 5 minutes, scorch the side skin of chicken.
- Combine 1 tbsp orange zest, orange marmalade, 1 tbsp each of orange juice and lemon juice that is freshly squeezed and 1 tbsp lemon zest over medium-high heat in a sauce pan. Simmer it for about 5 minutes and bring it to boil. Take the sheet pan and transfer the chicken to it with its skin side up and brush it all over with citrus glaze. For about 20 minutes, roast it. Broil it under broiler for about 1-2 minutes for crispy skin and sprinkle it with sea salt.
- Toss drizzle of olive oil and zucchini together in a mixing bowl and season it with pepper and salt. Over medium-high heat, cook zucchini using the same grill pan in a single layer for about 4 minutes from each side. Cook it in two batches.
- Make a layer of grilled zucchini and serve the chicken on it and garish it with parsley.