Fried egg with asparagus quinoa Recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:25
- 8 eggs
- 1 c. quinoa
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. panko
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Hot sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Sea salt, for garnish
- As per the instructions given on the packet, cook quinoa in a medium pot. Add asparagus and pinch of salt in it during the cooking time in the last minute. Keep it warm after turning off the heat.
- Mix garlic, panko, ¼ tbsp salt and lemon zest together in a small bowl and to this, add 2 tbsp’s of olive oil.
- Add half of the panko mixture over medium-low heat in a large skillet and for about 30 seconds, toast it lightly. Take breadcrumbs and make 4 wells in it with the help of spatula. Take the bowl and crack the eggs in it one at time and then to each of the well made in the breadcrumbs, transfer the eggs gently.
- Partially cover the pan after increasing the heat to medium high and cook for 3 minutes till the whites of the eggs are set and they have a crispy edge. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining eggs after transferring these eggs to a plate.
- Over the asparagus quinoa, serve the breadcrumbs and eggs. Garnish with sprinkle of sea slat and parsley.