Chicken Recipe with Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans
Yield: 6 servings Prep: 0:15 Total time: 8:15
- Lime wedges
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes
- 3 lb. bone-in skinless chicken
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 can black beans
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ c. salsa
- ⅓ c. loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Sprinkle the chicken with ¼ tbsp ground black pepper, ¼ tbsp salt and ½ tbsp ground cumin. Over medium high heat, heat nonstick skillet till hot. Add chicken to this and cook for about 10 minutes till browned on all sides. Take a plate and transfer the chicken to it and from the heat. Remove skillet.
- Combine allspice, salsa, smoked paprika, chicken broth, remaining ½ tbsp cumin and garlic in the same skillet.
- Combine sweet potatoes and beans in a slow cooker. On the top of the potato mixture, place chicken in the slow cooker and over the chicken, pour the broth mixture. Cover the slow cooker properly with the lid and cook for 4 hours on high on 8 hours on low.
- Transfer the chicken pieces with the help of slotted spoon to a large platter. In the potato mixture, stir the strips of roasted red pepper. Over the chicken, spoon the mixture. With the lime wedges, serve it and after sprinkling with cilantro.