BBQ Chicken Cornbread Skillet Recipe
Yield: 6 Servings Prep: 0:15 Total time: 0:45
- 1 1/3 c. BBQ sauce
- 1 c. Cheddar, in shreds
- 2 c. rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. corn kernels
- 1 c. gouda, in shreds
- Kosher salt
- 1 box JIFFY corn muffin mix
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 c. scallions, chopped
- Up to the temperature of 400°F, preheat the oven.
- Cornbread base preparation: mix sour cream, muffin mix, corn, egg and butter together in a medium mixing bowl. In a large skillet of cast iron, pour it. Bake till golden brown on the top for about 20 minutes and in the pan, let it cool slightly.
- In the mean time, prepare the barbeque filling: Over medium heat, sauté onions. Season with pepper and salt and till soft, cook it. To this, add chicken and to break the meat, stir it. After this, stir it in a cup of lime juice and BBQ sauce. To taste, season it and until warmed through, sauté it.
- With a fork, dig the entire surface of the cornbread. Over it, pour the BBQ sauce. To this, add the meat mixture and then with shredded cheese, top it. Bake for about 20 minutes after coveting it with coil till, the cheese is melted. Broil it after removing the foil for about 5 minutes till the cheese begins to brown.
- Top it with scallion and serve.