Gooey mini bacon cheese recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:10 Total time: 0:35
- 2 c. warm milk
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 oz. Gruyere
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar
- Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Up to the temperature of 375°F, preheat the oven. Take 4 ramekins and butter them.
- Boil salted water in a large pot and then for six minutes, boil pasta and then drain it.
- Cook bacon for about 6-8 minutes over medium heat in a large skillet till they are crispy and brown. Line a plate with paper towel and transfer the bacon in it to drain. Chop it finely after this.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add flour to this and cook it for about 3 minutes whisking continuously till golden brown. Pour in milk slowly with continuous whipping and then bring it to boil. Reduce the heat after this to low and simmer for about 6 minutes. Season it with pepper and salt. Beat in ½ cup each of Gruyere and cheddar. Mix in cooked bacon and pasta.
- On a baking sheet, place the prepared ramekins. Spoon cheese and macaroni into the ramekins. With the remaining cheese, sprinkle the top of macaroni
- Combine thyme and breadcrumbs in a small bowl and season it with pepper and salt. On the top of cheese and macaroni, sprinkle the mixture of breadcrumb.
- Bake for about 10 minutes till the cheese is melted. Broil in broiler for about 1 minute till the cheese is melting.