Delicious grilled chicken and chicken tacos recipes!!!!
Grilled chicken with avocado salsa and vegetables
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:15 Total time: 0:30
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1 lime
• 4 medium skinless chicken
• ¼ c. loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
• .13 tsp. ground red pepper
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 large tomatoes
• 1 c. chopped jicama
• 2 medium red
• Salt and pepper
1. On medium, preheat a large grill pan.
2. Pound the chicken with the help of a mallet to an even thickness and season it with 1/8 tbsp pepper and ¼ tbsp salt.
3. Take the lime, squeeze 3 tbsp’s juice and grate about 1 ½ tbsp’s peel. Combine oil, 1 tbsp lime juice, ¼ tbsp salt, peel and 1/8 black pepper in a small bowl.
4. Place the peppers and tomatoes on hot grill rack after brushing them with oil mixture. Cook till the vegetable are tender, for about 8-9 minutes and turn them once. Cook chicken by placing it on hot grill rack for about 8-9 minutes, turning once.
5. Mean while, combine jicama, avocado, ground red pepper, cilantro, 2 tbsp’s lime juice and ¼ tbsp salt in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Makes salsa, 2 ½ cups.
6. With the avocado salsa, serve the vegetables and chicken after garnishing with fresh leaves of cilantro.
Chicken tacos with pomegranate and avocado salsa
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:15 Total time: 0:25
• 2 large boneless chicken
• 4 medium radishes
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• ¼ tsp. chipotle chili powder
• ½ c. fresh cilantro leaves
• ½ tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 2 scallions
• Sour cream
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• ¼ c. pomegranate seeds
• Kosher salt
• 1 large avocado
• 8 small flour tortillas
1. Up to the temperature of 425°F, preheat the oven. Take foil and line a rimmed baking sheet with it. Combine garlic, ½ tbsp salt, cumin and chili powders in a small bowl.
2. Over medium heat in skillet, heat oil. With the spice mixture, season the chicken and cook it for 2-3 minutes till browned. To the baking sheet, transfer the chicken and roast it about 8-10 minutes till cooked through.
3. Toss scallions, pomegranate seeds, radishes, avocado, ¼ tbsp each of pepper and salt and lime juice together in a medium bowl and then fold in the cilantro.
4. Make 1/4 inch pieces of chicken. With the chicken, fill the tortillas and top them with pomegranate salsa. Serve with sour cream.