Mexican street corn casserole Recipe
Yield: 6 servings Prep Time: 0:10 Total Time: 0:50
- Fresh cilantro
- 15 oz. Jar alfredo sauce
- 1/2 tsp smokes paprika
- 4 oz. Can diced mild green chilies
- 4 cobs of fresh sweet corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- Chili powder, for garnish
- 2 tbsp’s butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup grated cojita cheese plus more for garnish
- Up to the temperature of 400°F, preheat the oven.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large cast iron skillet. In butter, sauté onions for about 5 minutes. Cut fresh corn in the mean time and scrape out the milk with the back of knife. To the pan, add corn and diced chilies after the onion is tender and then for another 3 minutes, cook it. Add in cumin, salt, alfredo sauce, paprika, pepper and half of coilta cheese.
- In the hot oven, bake it for about 20 minutes till bubbly. Top it with fresh cilantro, remaining coilta cheese and sprinkle with chili powder.