Grilled cheese burgers recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:30
- 1 lb. 80-percent lean ground beef
- 16 slices American cheese
- Kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. salted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slices country white bread
- Up to the temperature of 350°F, preheat the oven. On one of the side of bread, evenly spread butter. In a skillet over medium high heat, place the breads from their buttered sides and till they are golden brown, heat them. Take a large sheet pan and transfer the breads to it with toasted side face down and then on beach piece of bread, place 2 pieces of American cheese.
- Over high heat, preheat the same cast iron pan. Add the cold ground beef in a mixing bowl and season it with pepper and salt. Into 1/4 pound burgers divide them and form square shaped, ½” thick patties that are similar to the dimensions of bread. In two, batches, cook the burgers for 2 minutes and then cook for 2 more minutes after flipping them. Cover them loosely with foil after transferring to a plate and let them, rest for 2 minutes.
- In the oven, place the sheet pan with bread and bake till the cheese just melts. Take a paper towel and lightly blot the burgers with it. On the toasted bread, place the burgers with cheese and with the second piece of bread, top them.
- To warm the bread, return the grilled cheese burgers to cast iron pan. While they are warm , serve them immediately.