Delicious Grilled chicken tacos and Apricot-glazed chicken recipes!
Grilled chicken tacos with avocado crema recipe
Yield: 4 servings Prep: 0:05 Total time: 0:25
- 3 limes
- 2 avocados
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 c. Pico de Gallo
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/2 c. pickled jalapeños
- Vegetable oil
- 2 c. shredded red cabbage
- Mix together ½ tsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt and chili powder in a small mixing bowl. Over the chicken, sprinkle the cumin mixture and massage it well.
- On medium high, preheat the grill and with oil, brush it lightly. On the grill, place the chicken and for about 5 minutes, cook it. Cook the chicken for another 5 minutes after flipping it. For about 20 minutes, continue flipping the chicken in the interval of 5 minutes. Take a medium sized mixing bowl and cover it with foil and then transfer the chicken to it.
- Add mayonnaise, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 chopped avocado, zest of 1 lime and cilantro in a medium mixing bowl and till smooth, mash them together with the help of a fork. From the foil, remove the chicken and with the help of 2 forks, shred it into bite sized pieces.
- In a dry skillet, warm tortillas. Take a clean kitchen towel and transfer the tortillas to it and t keep warm, wrap in it. Continue to temperate the remaining tortillas.
- Assemble tacos: layer chicken, shredded cabbage, remaining avocado slices, pico de gallo, cilantro and chopped jalapenos in each layer of tortilla. Serve with the side of cilantro-avocado crema and wedges of remaining lime.